- The inventory of loans in active foreclosure nationwide declined by more than 200,000 in 2016
- Delinquencies were down 0.91 percent from November 2016 and 7.5 percent from December 2015
- December’s 59,700 foreclosure starts represented a 24 percent decline from the same time last year
- Pre-payment activity continues to slow, down 5.5 percent from November
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – January 23, 2017 – The Data and Analytics division of Black Knight Financial Services (NYSE: BKFS) reports the following “first look” at December 2016 month-end mortgage performance statistics derived from its loan-level database representing the majority of the national mortgage market.
*Non-current totals combine foreclosures and delinquencies as a percent of active loans in that state.
1) Totals are extrapolated based on Black Knight Financial Services’ loan-level database of mortgage assets.
2) All whole numbers are rounded to the nearest thousand, except foreclosure starts, which are rounded to the nearest hundred.
The company will provide a more in-depth review of this data in its monthly Mortgage Monitor report, which includes an analysis of data supplemented by charts and graphs that reflect trend and point-in-time observations. The Mortgage Monitor report will be available online at http://www.bkfs.com/CorporateInformation/NewsRoom/Pages/Mortgage-Monitor.aspx by February 6, 2016.
Graphics shown in this release may be viewed and downloaded here.
For more information about gaining access to Black Knight’s loan-level database, please send an email to DataAnalyticsInfo@BKFS.com.
About Black Knight Financial Services, Inc.
Black Knight Financial Services (NYSE: BKFS), a Fidelity National Financial (NYSE:FNF) company, is the mortgage and finance industries’ leading provider of integrated technology, data and analytics solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage lifecycle.
Black Knight Financial Services is committed to being the premier business partner that lenders and servicers rely on to achieve their strategic goals, realize greater success and better serve their customers by delivering best-in-class technology, services and insight with a relentless commitment to excellence, innovation, integrity and leadership.
Media Contact: Michelle Kersch, 904.854.5043, Michelle.Kersch@BKFS.com
Media Contact: Mitch Cohen, 646.546.5103, Mitch@MPRG.com